Compare Apple Watch Series 5 vs Apple Watch Series 3
Are you looking to buy an Apple Watch and are confused between the latest Apple Watch Series 5 and the comparatively cost-effective previous generation Apple Watch Series 3? Here is what you need to know before making the right decision.
Design: Apple Watch Series 5 vs Apple Watch Series 3
Apple Watch 3 launched the revolutionary Retina Display in a smartwatch, it became synonymous with flicking the wrist to have a look at the time. Apple Watch Series 5 goes a step further and has introduced the Always-On Retina Display which does not even need the flick of the wrist as the display never sleeps. The display is designed to increase the viewing area by 30% over the Apple Series 3. The rounded corners make it look even more beautiful apart from increasing the display size.
The Build: Apple Watch Series 5 vs Apple Watch Series 3
The Apple Watch Series 3 came in strong yet incredibly light recyclable aerospace-grade aluminium which came in silver and space grey colours. Apple Watch Series 5 not only has the Aluminium build but also offers the Stainless Steel, Titanium and Ceramic Versions which come in White, Silver, Space Grey, Titanium and Gold options.
Health: Apple Watch Series 5 vs Apple Watch Series 3
Let us look at the Apple Series 5 first, it monitors our heart rate and alerts us for any irregularities and also includes an ECG app that takes heart monitoring to an all-new level. It also monitors other health aspects like monitoring breath and period cycles. Apple Watch 3, on the other hand, is equally adept to monitor heart rate and detects any unusual activity. It misses on the ECG app though.
Tech: Apple Watch Series 5 vs Apple Watch Series 3
Apple Watch Series 5 comes with the path-breaking technology specs like GPS, Compass, Cellular Connectivity, Digital Crown with haptic feedback, optical heart sensor as well as electrical heart sensor. The Apple Watch Series 3 has the key technologies including optical heart sensor, digital crown, cellular connectivity and GPS. While the Apple Watch Series 5 is driven by dual-core S5 chip, the Apple Watch Series 3 is driven by dual-core S3 chip. The S5 chip makes the Series 5 two times faster than the Series 3 when it comes to using the high-end apps, also the speaker in Series 5 is 50% louder than Series 3.
Verdict: Apple Watch Series 5 vs Apple Watch Series 3
While the Apple Watch Series 5 is a definite update over the Apple Watch Series 3, is faster and has more functions as well. However, if you are not someone who can’t live without the latest technology and gadgets then Apple Series 5 is the watch for you. Having said that Apple Watch Series 3 still packs a lot of power and covers the most crucial aspects. Thus, for lovers of Apple Watch who want an affordable yet classy option Apple Watch Series 3 covers the most ticks for a good smartwatch.
Get the best deal on Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple Watch Series 5 right here and get used to the Apple Watch lifestyle, your fitness trainer, health coach and a personal assistant.
- Apple Watch Series 3 38 mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band
- Apple Watch Series 5 GPS 44mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band
- Apple Watch Series 5 GPS 44mm Gold Aluminium Case with Pink Sand Sport Band
- Apple Watch Series 5 GPS 40mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band
- Apple Watch Series 5 GPS 40mm Silver Aluminium Case with White Sport Band
- Apple Watch Series 5 GPS 40mm Gold Aluminium Case with Pink Sand Sport Band
Catch eyes with your wrist Check out the latest strap styles and colours
- Sport Band: Custom high-performance fluoroelastomer with a pin‑and‑tuck closure.
- Sport Loop: Soft, breathable nylon weave with an easily adjustable hook-and-loop fastener.
- Nike Sport Band: Lightweight fluoroelastomer with compression-molded perforations for breathability.
- Nike Sport Loop: Quick-fastening, flexible nylon weave with reflective thread, in colours exclusive to Nike.
- Leather: Distinctive leather designs with magnetic or stainless steel closures.
- Hermès Leather: Handcrafted calfskin leather in a variety of styles and colours.
- Stainless Steel: Crafted from a stainless steel alloy with custom magnetic or butterfly closures.
Apple Watch strap styles
Where you get Free Apple Watch with Contract Phones
MobilePhonesComparison.co.uk offer a comparison of the deals from top mobile merchants and currently offering a huge range of contract phones with free Apple Watch
Apple Watch Contract on O2