Buying a smartphone: 10 things to consider
Today, a smartphone is the most integral part of everyone’s life. People rely on their smartphones to perform the simplest of tasks. That said, buying the right smartphone is extremely important. Here are 10 things to consider before buying a smartphone.
- Choose the right build: You have the option of a metal, plastic or glass-coated body. Of these metal and plastic are the best options as they are able to sustain falls from up to 3 feet.
- Display matters: The size and resolution of the screen are extremely important. As for size, you have a range from 4.7 inches to 6 inches. As for resolution, choosing a full-HD or QHD device is recommended.
- What’s on the inside: The performance of the device depends on the processor. Depending on the type of files that you need to use, you can choose your processor. If you need to use graphic rich content, processors like the Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 or 820 are ideal.
- Camera performance: With smartphones doubling as cameras, you need more than just mega-pixels. You must consider features like pixel size, autofocus and ISO levels before you buy a camera phone.
- Better battery life: If you are going to work on apps, stream videos and use the phone heavily, at least 3500mAH of battery capacity is recommended. If not a 3000mAH battery should last you all day long.
- Is the user-interface good enough? The UI or the version of the operating system are very important factors in smartphones. You must be able to access all features without any hassles. Phones like Motorola, Android One and Nexus offer basic UI while the more complex and nifty ones are offered by Xperia, Samsung and Zen devices.
- Ample storage: A big chunk of the storage is dedicated to the operating system and the inbuilt applications of the device. For those who are looking for average app storage 32 GB should suffice. You can also choose 64 GB and 128GB options. Devices with expandable memory through micro SD cards are the best choice.
- Added security features: Iris sensors and fingerprint sensors are additional safety features that are available with most smartphones. These features secure your documents, applications and several other files as well. You can get a fingerprint sensor with even the basic smartphones these days.
- Speakers and audio quality: If you rely on video conferencing or on video streaming, audio quality is of utmost importance. Front facing speakers are the best options as they give you clear sound even while holding the phone in the landscape mode.
- USB, headphone jack port: The various ports on the device also play an important role in the choice that you make. You have the option of Type C and micro USB ports. The former is a better option as it is future proof. Even the traditional 3.5 mm headphone jacks have been replaced by USB Type C ports. Some smartphones have done away with the headphone port altogether.
Get the best offers and prices on www.mobilephonescomparison.co.uk