Mobile manufacturer Services and support
The service and support provided to the customer varies as per the mobile manufacturer. Today, you have several options to get in touch with each manufacturer to have your queries answered and to get the necessary support.
Here are the different options to get in touch with customer care:
- You can call 0330SAMSUNG (726-7864) between 8am to 8pm on Weekdays and between 9am to 6pm on Saturdays. Sundays are closed.
- You can start a live chat on www.e-contactus.samsung.com between 8am to 8pm on Weekdays and between 9am to 6pm on Saturdays. Sundays are closed.
- You can send a message on FB or Twitter between 9am to 9pm on all days.
- You can fill an online Email form on www.samsung.com/uk/support/email-technical-question/
- You can even write to them at Samsung Customer Support, Selectapost 38, Sheffield S973FJ
Alternatively, you can look for a Samsung Support Center or Samsung Store near you.
- You can contact customer support on 0854 890 0079 if you are calling from UK.
- For any calls from outside the UK, you can call +44 203 684 5000.
- The working hours are from 9 am to 6 pm from Mondays to Fridays.
- You can start a live chat based on the timings provided on www.motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com for immediate response to queries about devices and accessories.
- You can fill up a query form and also send them an email. Make sure you fill in all the mandatory sections correctly for timely response.
- For queries about mobile phones, tablets and accessories you can call 0333-997-550 between 8am to 6pm on weekdays and between 8am to 5pm on weekends.
- For queries on cord and cordless phones, you can call 0800-0820750.
- For queries regarding Baby Monitors and Digital photo frames, UK customers can call 0845218 0890 and all ROI customers can call 08187 62092.
- For residents of the United Kingdom, you can call customer support on 0344 847 5454 between 9am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday.
- For customers based outside the United Kingdom, you can call customer support 01 686 9454 between 9am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday.
- Customer support is not operational on public holidays.
- You can also start a live chat on http://www.lg.com/uk/support/contact/chat-email for immediate response to your queries in real time. You can chat with an LG Support representative between 9 am to 5 pm from Monday to Saturday, excluding the public holidays.
- You can also send an email to an LG Support Representative. You will receive a response within 24 hours of sending your email.
- You can get the Customer Support Number for your country on www.support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/ Calling hours are between 8 am to 8 pm from Mondays to Fridays and between 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays.
- You can also fill up a live chat form on www.support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/. Chat Support is open from between 8 am to 8 pm from Monday to Friday and between 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays.
- You can fill up an Email submission from on www.support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/ to send in any queries that you may have.
- You also have a Support Forum available online. Here, you can chat with other Sony mobile users to ask questions about your device. You will get answers directly from the users who are on this forum.
Why call customer support?
There are several queries that you may have with your device. You can call customer care if you want to:
- Report any damage to your device.
- Seek assistance with respect to repair of any damage or accidental damage to your device.
- Understand the functionality of your new device. You may call in order to understand how new features work or if you are having any trouble with your current applications
- Track any order that you have placed on their website directly.
- Understand the terms of any warranty or insurance that you have obtained on your device.
Contacting customer care is simpler with the advent of social media. No matter what queries you want to send across, you can expect a response within 24 hours for most leading mobile manufacturers. This also includes commercial queries and business queries that you may have